Who I work with and how I can help…
I work with anyone who has experienced the loss of someone or something important to them. It doesn’t matter how long ago your loved one died or you sustained your loss(es) – an hour ago or 25 years ago, I can meet you where you’re at and help you to live wholeheartedly through and beyond your losses.
Individual sessions are tailored around your needs, but the things we’d work on together might include:
- designing ways to remember your lost loved one in a way that brings you greater wisdom, peace, inspiration and joy, rather than pain…
- discovering, designing and owning the way that your loss has changed you for good (Because it has changed you for good, hasn’t it?)… and becoming comfortable with and even quite proud of this new self that you’ve become.
- expressions of your loss stories through art-making, and bringing forward and amplifying what feels most important to be treasured.
- learning about how to tune into your innate resilience, resourcefulness, and creativity where you’ll be able to build a life after loss that’s based in your personal values, beliefs, and preferences.
- learning how to communicate your grieving experience and your needs to your friends and family, so that you build greater intimacy and understanding between you, rather than becoming isolated or hurt.
- Untangling the many myths about how you “should” grieve, and finding and resting into your unique way of living with your losses.
- learning how to manage your fear of opening your heart again, and opening to whole-hearted living and a deeper experience of peace, wellness, joy, gratitude, meaning, connection, love and hope than you ever experienced before…
- discovering what you’d like to do and create in the world with who you are now and your expanded wisdom and ability to love and serve. I’ll support you to move through fear and build your legacy of love…
Some of the benefits that you might get out of our individual sessions include:
- elimination of negative effects of trauma that have persisted since your loss: intrusive flashback memories, hyper-vigilence,generalized anxiety, emotional numbness, nightmares, survivor’s guilt, physical tension, aggression, panic attacks, intense physical and emotional reactivity, depression, insomnia and self-soothing with food or substance abuse.
- more love, peace, joy, gratitude, creativity and meaning.
- closer relationships with your loved ones and a deeper sense of belonging, community and solidarity. A sense of dropping the mask and social pretences and feeling able to be yourself. A deeper sense of comfort and “okay-ness” both within yourself and with others.
- increased discernment and clarity about who you are, what’s important to you and what you want to use your precious life for.
Individual Skype/ Phone Sessions
We work together over Skype or Facetime. Sessions are 60mins long, and we’ll just take it one session at a time. I live in Johannesburg, South Africa.
|SINGLE 60MIN SESSION VIA SKYPE OR FACETIME: $90 USD for anyone living outside of South Africa
|SINGLE 60MIN SESSION VIA SKYPE OR FACETIME: $45 USD for anyone living in South Africa
Frequently Asked Questions About Individual Skype/ Facetime Sessions
I don’t live in Johannesburg, South Africa Can we still work together?
Yes! I’ve worked with people in South Africa, Canada, The USA and the UK. I use Skype or Facetime and we’ll just find a time that suits both our time zones. If you have Skype or Facetime and an internet connection, then the call is free, otherwise I can call you on your landline using Skype and this costs just a few cents a minute, which I’ll add to your invoice.
Do you offer sessions over the weekend?
Sorry, I don’t. But, I do work in the evenings for my time zone (Johannesburg, South Africa) and, depending on where you are in the world, you may be able to secure a session that is after work hours for you. My evenings are morning/ afternoon in the USA and Canada.
What’s your cancellation and refund policy?
Because of the significant time and energy investment and the fact that our session results are co-created together with you, I do not offer refunds after the session. However, if you change your mind about working together before we’ve had the session, let me know, and I’ll refund you in full.
If you need to reschedule a session, please let me know at least 24 hours in advance or else you’ll still be charged for the session.
Do I need to prepare anything before we speak?
When you sign up for your sessions, you’ll be emailed a welcome pack with an online intake form to fill out and questions to help us both to prepare for our first session. I’ll ask you to fill out this online form at least 24 hours before our first session.
How do I get started?
- Order your session and make your payment online.
- You’ll receive an email from me within 24 hours, thanking you for your payment and giving you details to download your grief support agreement, access the online intake form, and set up our date/ time for your session.
- You’ll submit your online intake form at least 24 hours before our first session.
Any other questions?
Drop me an email and I’ll be happy to answer any further questions. You can email me at cath (at) rememberingforgood (dot) com.